Montag, 4. Februar 2013

What about drinking alcohol?

Hey brothers and sisters in Jesus! 

How are you today?
So i want to tell you my opinion to the subject "drinking alcohol or not as a christian" based on the holy word.

So... There are so many different views about this theme.
Many christians say that it's okay to drink alcohol, but you have to know your limits.
Then the other part says that as a christian you shouldn't drink alcohol at all.

Hmm, what is right? What says the bible?
A lot of verses tell us, that you shouldn't drink at all.


Proverbs 20,1: "Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise."
Hosea 4,10-11: “They will eat but not have enough;  they will engage in prostitution but not flourish, because they have deserted the Lord  to give themselves  to prostitution; old wine and new wine take away their understanding."
Ephesians 5,18: "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit"

But there are also other verses which tell us that's okay to drink alcohol.


2.Peter 1,6 tells us that we should have self-control in everything: "and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness"
What if you don't have self-control? 
2.Peter 1,8: "For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
If you don't want to be ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of Jesus, then you should pay attention on what you do and also on what you drink.

I have both sorts of christian friends. The one say that you can drink, the other say that's a bad thing.

Now... What do I think about?

I don't drink alcohol at all. But I don't judge nobody who drinks (with limits). I think that's not grievous if you sometimes drink a bit, Jesus and Paulus for example did it, too.

Why I don't drink?

  • First reason: I don't like it anymore. When I was still in the world and didn't know Jesus, I drunk almost every weekend, and there weren't always happy endings. So I don't need it.
  • Second and last reason: I want to make a difference. A difference between a believer and a not-believer. There are so many people outside which don't know Jesus. And you can believe me, when they know that you're a christian, they observe every step you take and everything you do! With my attitude I want to show that Jesus lives in me, and I think that's not possible if I do the same things as the people in the world do.


If you don't know what's right in your life, then pray. I can't tell you the right answer. Only God knows what's the best for you.

P.S: I'm sorry for my bad English, but I'm an Italian girl from Switzerland and I just talk (or write) English at school. I've tried my best. :)

God bless you! 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen